We understand that car accidents are devastating and can happen at any time. That’s why we at the Stewart Law Firm are available day or night to take your call. Our El Paso attorneys are here to support you and fight for the compensation you deserve after such a life-altering event. We know this isn’t easy, that’s why we offer our experience in pursuing justice.
EL Paso Texas Car Accident Lawyers
We Have Recovered Millions for Victims of Auto Accidents in El Paso, Texas
“My husband was involved in an accident where the other driver ran a stop sign. Mr. Stewart helped us through the entire process. He kept us updated, was very honest, and truly cared about getting my husband better and ensuring he was taken care of. The integrity that Mr. Stewart demonstrates and the commitment he has to his clients is amazing. My family is very thankful that we were represented by such an upstanding human being. Thank you Mr. Stewart for all you did.”
How Our Attorneys Can Help You
- We have represented thousands of accident victims
- Our services are available 24/7 – you can call day or night
- We accommodate English and Spanish speaking clients
- We don’t charge any fees unless we win your case
Causes of Accidents in El Paso, Texas—One of The Highest Rates in the U.S.
Unfortunately, one of the leading causes of injury and death in Texas, are car accidents. Our lone star state has one of the highest rates of fatal traffic accidents. However, although there are many crashes, the devastation of each person can’t be lumped together. Each accident is more than a statistic.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Not focusing on the road
- Driving while under the influence
- Speeding/Reckless Driving
Don’t let a negligent driver get away with hurting you or someone you love. We want to help. Call (512) 271-5112 to speak with The Stewart Law Firm.
Fighting For Just Compensation
Car accidents can result in severe, long-lasting injuries like TBI’s (Traumatic Brain Injuries) and spinal cord injuries. We at The Stewart Law Firm prioritize getting the most comprehensive analysis of your injuries, while then using that information for both your health and for your case.
However, we somberly understand some car accidents are fatal. Our El Paso car accident lawyers also know how to support grieving families through wrongful death claims. We’ve fought against heartless insurance companies that keep a tight grip on the compensation that you are more than deserving of. Their tactics aren’t easy to beat without experience, and our lawyers pride themselves on being firm advocates for our clients.
Here’s the compensation we’re fighting for:
- Hospital bills and medical expenses
- Past income and future lost income
- Pain and suffering/ mental anguish
- Reduced ability to earn $
- Necessary therapy for healing
If I’m Partially at Fault for my El Paso Car Accident, Can I Still Receive Compensation?
Often insurance companies will try to peg some of the responsibility of the accident on you or your loved one. Don’t lose hope! Even if you are partially at fault for the accident, in El Paso you can still file a personal injury lawsuit. There is a law in Texas called “the modified comparative negligence rule” which is intended to provide a fair and proportional way to assign fault and award damages in cases where both parties may have contributed to an accident or injury.
This means that a plaintiff (the person bringing the claim) may still recover damages for their injury or loss even if they were partly at fault, as long as their degree of fault does not exceed a certain percentage (usually 50% or 51%). However, the amount of damages awarded to the plaintiff is reduced in proportion to their degree of fault.
Take Caution Using Social Media Regarding Your El Paso Car Accident Case
- Be mindful of the photos you are posting. Whether it is a vacation photo or simply a night out with friends, any inconsistencies between your claim and what is online can and will be used against you. If you state that you have a broken arm from the accident and then are later seen in photos smiling and having a good time, this may be used to prove that you aren’t possibly as hurt as you stated.
- Change your privacy settings. Be sure that all of your settings are set to “private” or “friends only.” This will give you extra privacy and prevent your posts from being shown to anyone besides your friends.
Decline random friend requests. If you do not know who is adding you, do not accept! Especially during your personal injury case. Often times insurance adjusters and private investigators will try to friend you on social media to get a deeper look into your life.
- Google yourself. The best way to check if any information is out there that may harm your case is to search your name on Google. Anything relating to you – if there is anything – will come up when you do a search on your name. If you find anything that may disprove your claim, be sure to promptly remove it.
Get Started on Your Auto Accident Case Today
In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit after a car accident is only two years. If you miss this deadline it may be impossible for you to bring your case to court. If you have been hurt in a serious collision, we encourage you to take action today. The sooner you do, the greater the likelihood that you will obtain maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
Let us put our experience to work for you. Call the El Paso car accident attorney at The Stewart Law Firm, PLLC for the aggressive representation you need.