If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a car accident, it is imperative to have the support of a seasoned car accident attorney in Odessa, Texas. The Stewart Law Firm, PLLC possesses the necessary resources and experience to assist you in obtaining adequate reimbursement for your pain, emotional distress, and economic damages. We remain dedicated to pursuing justice relentlessly for our injured clients and are prepared to support you in pursuing compensation. Our firm is available to take your calls 24/7, so do not hesitate to reach out to us.
“My husband was involved in an accident where the other driver ran a stop sign. Mr. Stewart helped us through the entire process. He kept us updated, was very honest, and truly cared about getting my husband better and ensuring he was taken care of. The integrity that Mr. Stewart demonstrates and the commitment he has to his clients is amazing. My family is very thankful that we were represented by such an upstanding human being. Thank you Mr. Stewart for all you did.”
How Our Attorneys Can Help You
- We have represented thousands of accident victims
- Our services are available 24/7 – you can call day or night
- We accommodate English and Spanish speaking clients
- We don’t charge any fees unless we win your case
- You may experience a delayed reaction: Injuries aren’t immediately noticeable to the untrained eye. In fact, accident survivors often feel a rush of adrenaline after a collision that masks the severity of their injuries. It’s very easy for a layman to confuse cervical spine damage for symptoms of whiplash. A trained medical professional can evaluate your injuries, prescribe essential treatment options, and even you schedule you for any necessary surgeries. Seeking immediate medical attention can increase your recovery time and reduce your medical expenses.
- You need to secure the evidence: You need to create a detailed record of your injury-related expenses and debts before accepting a settlement or walking into a courtroom. Otherwise, you may recover compensation that doesn’t account for your present and future needs. Visiting your doctor and other necessary medical professionals can provide you with the documentation you need to secure both economic and non-economic damages.
- The following information may be essential to your case:
- Your medical record
- Hospital bills
- Lists of the treatments and medications you’re prescribed
- Notes about the doctors, chiropractors, or therapists you meet with
- The defendant’s insurance company doesn’t want to pay: While it’s best for your health to seek medical attention immediately after an accident, sometimes life and personal circumstances get in the way. Regardless, you need to visit with a doctor within 7 days to protect your claim from the at-fault driver’s insurance provider. Otherwise, the rival insurance company may claim that your injuries aren’t severe enough to warrant compensation.
If you’re ever involved in an accident, it’s best to speak with a personal injury attorney at The Stewart Law Firm to determine the specific steps you need to take to secure your claim.
Why You Should Let Us Deal with the Insurance Company
After a car accident, it may be tempting to accept the first settlement offer you receive. However, you should know that the insurance company’s only goal is to settle your claim quickly, and for as little money as possible. They are NOT on your side – despite what they might tell you. The only person you should trust after an accident is your attorney.
We know how insurance companies operate, and we know what tactics they use to minimize, delay, and deny valid car accident claims. When you work with The Stewart Law Firm, PLLC, we will fight to protect your rights throughout every step of the process. If the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement, we’re not afraid to take your case to trial.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Car Accident in Odessa, Texas?
Every personal injury claim is subject to strict time limits, known as statute of limitations. While you may be in serious pain and having difficulty gathering your thoughts, it’s important to know how long you have to file an injury lawsuit before it’s too late.
In Texas, the statute of limitations on filing a personal injury claim is 2 years.
For example, if you are injured in a car accident, you have 2 years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury suit. If you don’t, you lose your right to file a suit or bring a claim against the defendant. You also have 2 years to file a wrongful death, product liability and medical malpractice claim.
One of the main reasons we have statutes of limitations, which have been around for hundreds of years, is because they guarantee that important evidence will not be lost over time and that witnesses who testify in court are able to more easily remember the accident.
File Your Odessa, Texas Car Accident Case Today
Don’t let the statute of limitations deadline pass! If you miss this deadline it is unlikely that you will be able to bring your case to court. We encourage you to take action as soon as possible You deserve compensation, and more evidence can be secured to support your case with the time to access it. Our experience is only a benefit to you, take advantage of it.
Call the The Stewart Law Firm, PLLC for the aggressive representation you need.