Skip to main content

Personal Injury Representation in Austin Texas

Dedicated to helping injured individuals seek justice.

Dealing with a negligence-related injury is undoubtedly one of the most stressful situations a person can experience. Attorney Stephen Stewart has the insight and resources to take on even the most complex personal injury matters.

"My family hired Stephen in regards to a personal injury lawsuit. The matter was settled quickly and in our favor during mediation. Stephen’s knowledge of the law combined with his kindness in working with us will not be forgotten. We would readily hire Stephen again. We are thankful lawyers like Stephen exist."
Why Should You Hire The Stewart Law Firm
  • You don’t pay any legal fees unless we win your case
  • We are available to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • We offer our services in both English and Spanish
  • We are seasoned litigators with decades of experience

We handle a wide range of personal injury cases throughout Texas, including those that involve:

We Have Represented Thousands of Cases

Over the years, our team has successfully represented thousands of wrongfully injured clients in Austin, Texas and surrounding areas.

Whether we are negotiating a fair settlement or taking a case to trial, our ultimate goal is to secure the maximum compensation our clients need to deal and cope with the impact of their serious injuries.


Understanding the Negligence Laws in Texas

In Texas, the courts follow a modified comparative negligence rule when dealing with a shared-fault personal injury case. This means that, even if you were partially to blame for causing the accident in which you were injured, you can still recover compensation; the award would simply be reduced by a percentage that is equal to your degree of fault.

For example, let’s say that you were rear-ended on the freeway. At the time of the accident, one of your tail lights was broken. During the trial, a jury decides that you are 20 percent responsible and that the other driver bears 80 percent of the blame. If the final award added up to $100,000, it would be reduced by 20 percent, leaving you with $80,000.

How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?

If you are interested in pursuing a personal injury lawsuit in Texas, it is important to understand that time is limited. All civil lawsuits are subject to the statute of limitations, which means that you will only have a few short years to file your case. More specifically, you will have two years from the date of your injury to file your lawsuit with the court. If you fail to take action before this deadline expires, you may be barred from recovering any level of compensation.

Get Started on Your Personal Injury Case Today

If you would like to learn more about filing a personal injury claim, we are here to provide you with the reliable counsel you need. We will personally take care of all the details and paperwork required to ensure your claim is presented in an effective and timely manner. Let The Stewart Law Firm, PLLC help you overcome this challenging moment in your life.


Send us some details about your case below:

    Are you a new client?

    Skip to content